The goal of the AFQAM Travel Award is to give a Forensic Quality Manager the opportunity to attend an AFQAM annual conference. The AFQAM Travel Award provides up to $1,250 towards the cost of conference attendance. Once awarded, AFQAM will handle the conference registration and hotel arrangements. Reimbursements for airfare/ground transportation will be provided within 60 days after the conference and upon submission of expense receipts. Only one travel award will be given each year.
Prospective AFQAM Travel Award applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must meet all eligibility requirements for Full AFQAM membership
- Will be a first time attendee at an AFQAM Conference
- Must be a Full member OR have applied for Full membership in AFQAM
Applications will be reviewed and an award made to the applicant that demonstrates the greatest combined quality and financial need. Applicants should include relevant information with their application to show how the scholarship will help improve quality in the applicant’s laboratory, the scope of the individual’s work that will be positively impacted through the applicant’s attendance, and the nature of the financial need.
All applications must be received by the Nominating Committee by July 23rd.
Applications will be reviewed and the recipient announced by August 13th.
A complete AFQAM Travel Award application must contain the following elements:
- AFQAM Travel Award Application (released in the Spring before the conference)
- Letter of recommendation from a Full or Affiliate AFQAM member (preferred)
Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or Lab Director