Who Can Join AFQAM?
AFQAM membership is open to those persons of professional competence, integrity and good moral character who also meet at least one of the following criteria:
Who are actively engaged in the field of forensic quality assurance management
Who perform system or laboratory wide quality assurance duties on a regular basis
Who have advanced the profession of forensic quality assurance management in a significant manner
Why Should I Join?
Membership in AFQAM is valuable for anyone in forensic laboratory quality assurance or management. In addition to the annual training conference, our members actively participate in an online discussion forums where they can easily exchange views and opinions, and obtain information regarding questions and concerns about any and all quality assurance issues.
Online Discussion Forum
Our members actively participate in two discussion forums where they can easily exchange views and opinions, and obtain information concerning questions and concerns about any and all quality assurance issues. These forums are an invaluable benefit as it provides you real-time, direct access to other forensic QA professionals and QA Managers who are grappling with many of the same issues as your laboratory. Topics covered vary greatly and include: accreditation, technical/discipline-specific questions, evidence handling and management, safety, LIMS, grants, and general discussions over national trends and standards being developed for the forensic community.
AFQAM has developed a resource library for its member’s use. Items in the library include documents, forms, and presentations on various QA topics, samples of QA manuals and SOPs, and examples of technical operating procedures.
In addition to the great benefits that AFQAM can offer, all members also receive access to the American Society for Quality (ASQ) at no additional cost. ASQ represents a global community and offers a comprehensive set of resources relating to all aspects of quality assurance and management.
How Much Does It Cost?
Annual dues are $50 for Affiliate, Associate, and Full Members.
How to Join:
- Complete the Membership Application form. Refer to the Membership Level page for additional information on determining which type of membership is right for you.
- Have a current AFQAM member complete a Recommendation Form for you.
- Mail the completed application form, supporting documents (job description/organizational chart, curriculum vitae/resume) and the $25.00 non-refundable processing fee payable in U.S. dollars (in the form of a check made out to AFQAM) to:
Abby Schwaderer, AFQAM Secretary
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
PO Box 365
London, OH 43140
If you wish to pay your application fee via credit card, you may do so. Please enter the member applicant’s FULL NAME in the Invoice Number field, and the MEMBERSHIP LEVEL in the description field to ensure accurate tracking of the payment. Please do not pay your fee until you have received confirmation that your application paperwork has been received.
- Application forms and processing fee are due to the Membership committee no later than 60 days prior to the annual meeting.
- All applicants will be vetted by the Membership committee. Recommendations by the Membership Committee to the Executive Board will be made two weeks prior to the annual meeting. The Executive Board will review the Membership committee’s recommendations and offer a list of qualified candidates to the general membership for a vote at the annual meeting as per the AFQAM By-Laws Section 2.2.3.
- After receiving membership approval during the annual meeting, new members will receive an invoice for annual dues from the Treasurer.
Contact the Secretary with any further questions.